Pages

12.10.14

Spotlight Sunday | Kadayıf (Kadaifi)

Hello & happy Sunday!

It's kind of late and technically Monday on the east coast but over in California? It's still Sunday. So ya know, this works. 

I love Sunday's because... Who doesn't?! Lazy Sunday's are the best- in your pajamas on the couch, catching up on your Netflix queue. 

I, however, felt a bit experimental this Sunday. In an extremely comfortable outfit, I ventured out into the city and experienced a culinary delight in a 3 bite wonder. 



Meet: Kadayıf (also known as Kadaifi )

This sweet Turkish treat is made by wrapping pre-ripened crushed pistachios around layers of shredded dough, baking it, and smothering it in a light simple syrup. 



You guys. This is just too delicious. I originally expected to have just one but was ecstatic to realize we had ordered 4 (2 for each of us). 

If you're feeling adventurous or just in the mood for an uber delicious Sunday indulgence, do yourself a favor and eat this. 

We ate ours at NYC's Güllüoğlu Baklava Cafe on 2nd avenue and 52nd street. 


I hope you enjoyed my first "Spotlight Sunday" feature. I honestly just want to use this to talk about new/interesting or just simply delicious bites. If you have any, please share! I'll be seeing you all, soon. :)


&& here is where you can find me on the interwebz:
Vampire Book Club: Vampirebookclub.net
Book Depository Affiliate: bookdepository.com


Until next time-


-Jannelle

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye