Pages

27.11.14

Thanksgiving Menu 2014

Happy Thanksgiving! And if you don't celebrate, then happy Thursday!

I just wanted to take a minute to wish you all a happy day. I think Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate. I know it would seem kind of obvious as it is THE foodie holiday but I appreciate the time it forces us to take to think about all we are grateful for. 
This past year has been the most... trying for me. And for my family. So focusing on the positive is something I should probably think of doing more often. haha

Anyways! I'm going to share my Thanksgiving Menu with you. It's nothing incredibly special and then to some of you it may seem excessive (especially in the desserts department) but I sincerely just want to satiate every kind of palette we might find from our guests today... and I might be a bit excited as my mom and sister are arriving today from Miami! *happy dance*

We were thinking of breaking the traditional Thanksgiving menu this year, but.... no. That just couldn't happen because my anxiety might have acted up (and maybe my sister's and mom's would, too) so we just decided to slightly deviate from tradition for the turkey and leave the accompaniments and desserts as traditional as we are used to having them, any way.


Thanksgiving Menu 2014

Appetizer
Assorted Cheese Display featuring Brie en Croute with local honey and sliced almonds, Seared Halloumi Cheese, and a creamy Turkish Goat's Milk Cheese
Served with an accompaniment of homemade pita crisps, pomegranate seeds and a sweet walnut and grape candy

Main Entree
Turkish Dried Beef Sausage-Stuffed Turkey with a Lemon and Herb Marinade

Sides
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Caramelized Brown Sugar and Marshmallow Sweet Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole with Roasted Mushrooms and Fried Shallots
Traditional Dressing with Mushrooms, Beef Sausage and Sauteed Celery
Black Pepper Drop Biscuits

Desserts
Creamed Cheese Flan
Chocolate-Caramel Pecan Pie
Deconstructed Cheesecake with Macerated Strawberries


What are you cooking/eating for your Thanksgiving feast (or are eating on this lovely Thursday) this year?


If you're interested, I've been uploading a ridiculous amount of pictures from my cooking and baking adventures so I'll link it below if you want to check it out.


&& here is where you can find me on the interwebz:
Vampire Book Club: Vampirebookclub.net
Book Depository Affiliate: bookdepository.com


Until next time-


-Jannelle

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye