Pages

6.4.14

A little nonsensical blogging & Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione (Lords of Deliverance #1; Demonica #6) Book Review

Hello all & welcome to my blog!

I think that a month is long enough to wait to make a new post, don't you think?
It's been a bit busy here in Orlando what with all of the conventions and what feels like endless working hours but alas, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.. for this month, at least.
I was going to make this blog post chock-full of updates and favorites and what not but I know it's time for a book review.

I would, however, like to point out the the name of my blog has changed from "Jannelle in Wonderland" to "Jannelle Reads". This is mostly because I feel like the focus on this blog will be the books I'm reading/loving and then every once in a while I'll throw in a recipe post. I cook for a living... so naturally I'm going to come home and think, "eff this; I'm not cooking"... or something along those lines. :) Though I do love baking and I don't get to do enough of that at work so baking goodness is probably what you will be able to catch on this lovely blog.

Now, about that book review...

So when I write up my book reviews, I like to write them fresh. That is to say that while the book is still [fresh] in my mind, I like to review it. Once I start reading another book (be it within the same series or otherwise) my mind gets a bit fuzzy... maybe more caffeine would help with that.

Now, the reason I'm saying this is because I might have promised a book review of either Poison Princess by Kresley Cole (The Arcana Chronicles #1) or The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa (Blood of Eden #1) and yeah, neither of those will be reviewed in this blog post (sorry?).

If you would like to see my ratings of those books, head on over to my goodreads profile to check it out here.


While you might be able to get away with reading this book on its lonesome and then continuing the series from here, I wouldn't recommend it. This book can be viewed as either number 6 in the Demonica series starting with Pleasure Unbound (Demonica #1) by Larissa Ione or as the first book in the Lords of Deliverance series also by Larissa Ione.

Here is the synopsis you can find on the back cover of the book:

They are here. They ride. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
His name is Ares, and the fate of mankind rests on his powerful shoulders. If he falls to the forces of evil, the world falls too. As one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, he is far stronger than any mortal, but even he cannot fight his destiny forever. Not when his own brother plots against him. 

Yet there is one last hope. Gifted in a way other humans can't-or won't-understand, Cara Thornhart is the key to both this Horseman's safety and his doom. But involving Cara will prove treacherous, even beyond the maddening, dangerous desire that seizes them the moment they meet. For staving off eternal darkness could have a staggering cost: Cara's life.

This book follows two people - Ares (aka War & one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse) and Cara, a human with a special gift that allows her to heal animals.
At the beginning of the novel, we find out that Reseph (aka Pestilence and another of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse) has had his seal broken. This means that he has turned over to his demon nature and is spreading sickness and plagues around the world while the rest of his siblings are waiting around, worrying about when their seals will break and bring hell on earth (because yeah, that would not be a good thing for humankind). 
In his plot for an impending Apocalypse, Reseph focuses on Ares' seal which involves destroying his agimortus (basically, the thing/person responsible for a seal breaking).
As fate would have it, Cara ends up being Ares' agimortus and has to be guarded since her death can bring on the Apocalypse. Did I also mention that since Cara is a human, the weight of being an agimortus can kill her? In days? Well yeah... It gets real interesting real quick.
If you didn't think that was enough tension, add some of the sexual kind and a brother who is hell-bent on turning you into the evil version of yourself and we have ourselves one heck of a rollercoaster ride in book form.

Like all of her other books, I seriously enjoyed reading Eternal Rider. It has enough action, paranormal intrigue, and enough sexual tension to keep you flipping the pages and aching for the next book in the series (which I purchased promptly after finishing this one).
If you're a fan of Paranormal Romance, definitely give this one a go and don't forget to start it from the beginning with Pleasure Unbound.

Basic info about this book:

Name: Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance #1, Demonica #6)
Author: Larissa Ione
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Rating (out of 5): 4.0
Sexual Content: Graphic Sex

Recommend? Yes, but would start with the first Demonica book

Where it can be purchased:

Author/s website: larissaione.com/blog/

So, that's it! Hope you enjoyed my blog post & I will*** be posting up a review soon with the following book in the Lords of Deliverance series, Immortal Rider (Lords of Deliverance #2, Demonica #7).

Also, completely unrelated to this book review, I have been obsessed with Frozen's Love is an Open Door. So here it is... you're welcome?

Last but not least, here is where you can find me on the interwebz:
Tumblr: http://jannelleinwonderland.tumblr.com/

Enjoy your night, happy reading, & happy April!

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye